Monday 21 April 2014

3 down

Hello Everyone, 

It has been awhile since we updated you on what is happening.

I have officially finished 3 rounds of Chemotherapy.

This could possibly be the half way mark.

Tomorrow morning I am going in for a CT scan. This CT will show if there have been any changes to the tumours I will have the results of the CT scan on April 28.

These results will determine if chemo has been effective. I will either be continuing with 3 more rounds of chemo or considering radiation treatment or surgery.

I am not sure which of these I would prefer, they are all horrible in of themselves  

So that is all that we know. When we know anything more we will let you know! ;)

The third round of chemo was difficult. I was in the hospital from Wednesday to Saturday. I gained 10 pounds of water weight overnight which was horribly uncomfortable and a symptom of the chemotherapy. Thankfully I lost it all in a couple days but it was frustrating. My leg wouldn’t fit and had to use crutches or be in a wheelchair to get around.

The bright spot was that my mom’s sister, Grace came to be with us! She visited from Tuesday to the following Monday. She came to the hospital during the day to be with me when Tyler, Mom, and Dad were all at work. It was nice to spend so much time with her, we watched chick-flicks and made rainbow loom bracelets! 

Easter Sunday was a really enjoyable day! My mom and I went and saw Mamma Mia! We had seats in Row 6 and enjoyed every minute of the performance! If you have seen Mamma Mia you know what makes it so much fun! Mom and I love going to theatre and have been so fortunate to see many of the classics! This was such a lovely way to spend the afternoon! We are making plans to see The Book of Mormon next year when it comes to Calgary!

We spent the evening with The Hooges eating amazing food and being so ridiculously silly and laughing way too hard…so a typical get together!

Thank you again for your continued support. We will write again soon to let you know of any further developments!

Jacqueline!

No comments:

Post a Comment