Sunday 31 May 2015

And now it's all over, except for the crying

I'm sitting in my living room by myself and it is silent for the first time in days

In the freezer are the remains of the copious amounts of food that has been prepared and delivered to our home by loving hands

On every other spare surface are bunches of flowers - all sizes and shapes - all beautiful tributes in various stages of decay

In the corner sits a bag with cards and well wishes from so many and a book with names of those who came to pay their respects

There was a service that I think she would have loved and we were overwhelmed that so many wanted to share this with us

A walk to remember to her favorite places

But there is something missing and my heart aches

And now it's all over, except for the crying








2 comments:

  1. we are so heavy hearted for you, and wish there was something we could do to ease the pain and grief you are feeling. you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same way. I'm so sorry. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete