Wednesday 13 May 2015

May 12, 2010


On May 12, 2010 my mom and I went to meet with Dr. Puloski. I knew him to be a orthopaedic surgeon and I was seeing him for the results of a recent biopsy of the falling arch in my left foot. That was why we were at the foothills hospital that day. We didn't think much of what was happening and we felt that it was taking a long time to see him. We even asked the secretary why the wait was so long and she told us that some people were being told they had cancer for the first time and they needed extra time with the Doctor. "Oh! Those poor people" we said to one another and decided to wait patiently... little did we know that our world was about to be shattered into an entirely new one.

You know the story and what happened next, the amputation, the chemo, the surgery, and more chemo and here we are FIVE years later.

It is unreal to think about that day, I remember it very clearly. It was one of the worst days of my life and it ushered in a whole new world and existence. These last 5 years have been nothing short of incredible. Incredible in both good and bad ways. Those of you who have been close with us throughout this journey will agree with us. What a 5 years with Synovial Sarcoma.

I want to share a video with all of you where I speak a bit about the last 5 years. I was approached by Jacob Pisesky a couple months back to help him with a school project. He is in journalism and made a short video about my journey with cancer and some of my thoughts and insights. The video is 4 minutes long and I hope you will take the time to watch it!


I had to download it on my computer to watch it - the file was too big for my phone so be aware that you might need your computer!

I want to thank Jacob for letting me be apart of his video! He scored an A+ on it which is pretty incredible. It was really cool to sit and reflect when Jacob was asking me his different questions. I hope the link works and that you can enjoy it!

A little note from Carol:

Just an update on what is happening and where Jacqui is at. 

Although Jacqui is technically in care at the Hospice, they are being very lenient with her and she is able to get passes, so she is spending much of her time at home.   This "limbo" time has become very special as an immediate family and is one that we want to dedicate to time together and with her very closest friends.  You may have seen happy posts on facebook or instagram, but please know that these times are very intentional and well planned as time is becoming more precious.

Thanks for your understanding and support. 





No comments:

Post a Comment