Tuesday 27 November 2012

We are so lucky!? :)

I woke up this morning to a really nice message from a great friend who also sent this link along about gratitude:
 
 
What an wonderful way to start the day, time to stop and reflect.  More than anything I had such enormous gratitude for this friend who in his own busy life took the time to think of us and share something so beautiful and touching.  Then I thought "I'm not that nice, I only think about myself!!!!" and my next thought was "We are so lucky"  which then made me laugh because some wouldn't think we're all that lucky right now, but it would be so hard to do this by ourselves and I'm so thankful we don't have to!  Humbling!  

Tomorrow Jacqui has her appointment at the Pulmonary Lab at the Foothills, not really sure what that involves, but it's good to have things to do, it makes it seem like we're getting somewhere.  She has also been contacted by the Pre-Admissions nurse to get set up for that testing as well.  Still waiting for a date but having these things done seems like progress.
 
But what is progress.......every once in a while I get a flashback to the whole hospital experience last time.  For us it was a very good experience considering, but I have a certain dread and can't imagine it will be as good this time.  Last time I slept in her room every night for 10 nights except one or two -  she had a private room and the nurses were so accomodating.  Will she get a private room again, will the nurses be as kind, how will she manage if I can't stay with her, all these things running through my mind.....what if, what if.....
 
So I started out with gratitude and moved quickly back to worry - the circle of life - so I'm going to watch that video again, read all my messages from friends and family and get myself on the right track again! 
 

Be joyful in hope

patient in affliction

faithful in prayer

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment